Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekends.....

Weekends are always a trying time for me. When I am not working at the golf course, I am usually home hanging with the family. That means that I have a lot of free time on my hands and a kitchen full of snacks. I have tried to cut down on the snacks that I have bought recently, but those darn donuts are always in my house. Usually every morning, on the weekend, my boyfriend or myself makes breakfast. The breakfast usually consists of meat, eggs, and pancakes or waffles. YUCK, right? Well, this weekend, I did not cook and I skipped breakfast both days. That was not a good idea at all. My weekday eating habits are like clockwork. My weekend eating schedule is horrible. This is something that I have to work on. The good news is that I weighed myself on Sunday morning and I weigh less than I did when I went to the doctor on Dec. 12th. I am sure that with holiday eating and eating because I wanted to, I gained 5 pounds. So.... yeah me!!!!




I started keeping track of my fat and fiber grams along with calories. I want to consume 20 grams of fat and at least 30 grams of fiber daily. I am following the plan out of a 20/30 book that I have previously written about. I am eating all natural, organic, and focusing on dark leafy greens; just like Jillian mentions in her book. I am creating 4 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that I will rat on a regular basis and exercise at least 30 minutes a day just like Dr. Oz mentioned in his book. All of the changes that I have made make sense to me and I am ready to be accountable. I know my weight, as of yesterday, and I am ready to start shedding.




I made a fantastic dinner last night. I found the recipe off of The Food Network website. The name of the recipe is Poached Eggs on top of sweet potato and herbed turkey hash. OMG.... this was amazing. I used chicken instead of turkey and I added a batch of fresh spinach to the pot. YUMMY!!!


This picture is what the main ingredients of the recipe.                Here is the final result.....so delicious!!!!

I made enough to have leftovers for lunch today and I have a chicken breast left for dinner this evening!!  Score!!!

My breakfast consisted of high fiber oatmeal, 1/2 grapefruit, and a smoothie....

No comments:

Post a Comment