Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am so EXCITED!!!!!

I have decided to plant a garden this spring. I plan on going to Barnes and Noble and buy a book about creating a vegetable garden. I am so excited!!! I find myself eating tons of fruits and vegetables. There is nothing like tasting food directly from the garden. I remember going to my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Bob's house as a child and eating cucumbers for lunch. Whenever I eat a fresh cucumber, I remember that time and the freshness of the cucumber and the juiciness. So, instead of spending money at the grocery store, I would like to try to grow my own.


I came up with a list of the vegetables that I eat the most of lettuce, spinach, onion, cucumbers carrots, radishes green beans, peppers, broccoli, and tomatoes. I may not try all of these veggies, but this is my list. I would like to try to plant some type of fruit, maybe a strawberry pot...mmmm.... strawberries!!!!! On the inside of my house, I am going to create an herb garden. I am going to try to go fresh always. I know that it takes time for a garden to grow, so I plan on shopping at the farmer's market instead of the grocery store. Fresh, fresh, fresh.... that is the way to go.

I would like this activity to become a hobby for my son and me. I think that Scott would love to help mommy in the garden. An added plus to our new hobby, I will be promoting healthy eating. I cannot wait to get started!!!!

Last night for dinner I made a chicken breast and mixed vegetables. Boring, I know...I made a chicken breast sandwich with a side of veggies. Delicious, but boring :)




I am going to try a couple new recipes this weekend that I found in Elie Krieger's cookbook,
"The Food You Crave."
I HEART HER!!!!!





Last picture.....Diet Swiss Miss with Adam Carolla



No comments:

Post a Comment