Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Monday.....

I am proud to announce that I am past the headache phase, the sugar craving phase, and the eat when I am bored phase.  I am now into the weight loss phase.  I weighed myself this morning and I was surprised, I have lost 25 pounds since January 4th.  I have been 100% dedicated to my lifestyle change and I am enjoying the change.  When planning meals, I think about the fresh produce that is in season and how I can use it.  I love coming up with ways in incorporate beans into my meals.  The most fun that I have had is coming up with new soups and chilis.  Last night I made the most wonderful chili.  The chili is called spicy bean with pulled pork.....fantastic!!!!

This chili is hearty and flavorful....I think that this is the best chili that I have ever made.  The only fat that is in this chili is the fat from the pork tenderloin that I used.  I used northern beans, tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chipotle pepper, green pepper, onions, and green chilis.  So good!!!

When I was younger, I was never a fan of tomatoes.  Lately, it seems like I am incorporating them in every meal that I eat.  Today, I went to Speedway and bought a bottle of V8 juice.  Funny how tastes change with age.

My breakfasts remain the same.  Usually, I eat oatmeal or high fiber cereal with an apple and yogurt.  Sometimes for added fiber, I eat a slice of toast.




When I have a craving for something sweet, I make hot tea.  Good Earth tea is wonderful.  Spicy and sweet is the way to go.




After I re-organized my clothes, I took some time to prepare tostadas.  I used corn tortilla and black beans, I added corn to the black beans and topped the tostadas with tomatoes, lettuce, and jalapenos.




No comments:

Post a Comment