Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fat and Fiber

I found my plan and food that I can see myself eating and NOT get bored. There are so many diet books on the shelves at the local bookstore. So many choices and so much confusion. What is the right one? Which one will work the best? What should I do? Many, many years ago I joined weight watchers with my mom. At that time, there was a plan called Fat and Fiber. I lost 70 pounds in 3 months and I loved that plan. The weight watchers plan is similar to the 20/30 book that I own. Here are the ways to lose weight:


· Eat all the fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and beans that I want.

· Eat no more than 20 grams of fat per day.

· Eat at least 30 grams of dietary fiber each day.

· Limit foods made with refined flour, and other low fiber foods.

· Reward yourself...(this is my favorite part)...If I follow the program faithfully for nineteen out of twenty-one meals, enjoy two "free" meals. Have reasonable-sized portions of whatever you want.

I can eat fruits and vegetables all day plus I am a fan of high fiber foods. This seems plan seems realistic plus I am able to apply the knowledge that I learned from Jillian's and Dr. Oz's book. I am feeling good. I am sleeping better. All is right with the world since I am eating better. It is amazing how change of diet and viewpoint can affect someone's overall attitude about life.



For breakfast this morning I ate 1/2 grapefruit, high fiber oatmeal, and a blackberry/blueberry smoothie.

For lunch, I have a Kashi Sweet and Sour Chicken meal, spinach salad, and a starfruit!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment