Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year and a new look at life and food.

Here I am, sitting on the couch, deciding my next move, and my game plan. The game plan is the most important part to creating a successful victory. I have created game plans in the past that worked, but ultimately ended in failure. One part of the game plan that has to be concrete is the mental game. My mind has to be right to accomplish my goal. Whenever I put my mind to something, I do succeed. My will power is strong when I want to do something. I have to be in the mind frame to do it. I need to be mentally prepared for the fight that is ahead of me.



The fight is the toughest part. Having to fight daily with food is hard. Working in an office is hard. Employees bring in donuts, muffins, coffee cakes, brownies, and cakes. I would fall over if someone would bring in a fruit tray or veggie tray. Wait, someone does me. I think even at the weight I am at now; I still incorporate healthy food in my diet. My downfall is fast food. Fast food is addictive and delicious. The grease that is used to fry the food is addictive along with the Big Mac secret sauce. Curly fries from Arby's are amazing and do not forget the cheese cup. I can look past these fast food places to go to a place that I am the most addicted to, Starbucks. A venti caramel macchiato and a scone....now that is a breakfast. A grande pumpkin spice latte is a delicious treat in a recycled cup with a brown holder wrapped around that cup. After I indulge on my favorite treats, I feel good in the moment that I am eating and drinking but, ten minutes later I become disgusted in myself. I cannot believe that I do this to myself. I have to reference a show that I watched today, Dexter. The episode was about a lady who was brought in for questioning about a shooting that occurred. Hours had past and a detective wanted to take a crack at the lady. The detective, a woman, wanted to ask the possible shooter a few questions. As the detective walks into rooms, she is carrying a bag. The detective mentions that some time has passed and she thought that maybe the lady would like some breakfast. The detective pulls out a breakfast burrito and the lady response with, "I don't eat that crap." The detective figured that would be the case and brought her fruit. I use to be that lady. I would become disgusted at the look of a donut, muffin, a big mac, and fries. I am that person again.



Here are some parts of my game plan:

• No pop/soda.

• I will limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. (decaf)

• Water, water, water or tea

• No sugar

• Maintain a log of what I am eating.

• Maintain a log of exercise.

• Follow the basic food groups.

• Be realistic

• Set small goals

• NO FAST FOOD, unless I am eating salads.

• Cook a new dish weekly and maintain a cookbook of my recipes.

• This is not a diet, but my life.

I am mentally prepared for this challenge. I will succeed with the help of Jillian Michaels and her book, "Master Your Metabolism". I will follow her thoughts and ideas in this book and do my best to take her advice. For exercise, I will be following the Slim in 6 plans and I will incorporate daily stretching in the morning. I am totally excited about this experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment