Friday, January 15, 2010

Cleaning out the pantry and freezer

I tend to buy items from the grocery store over and over again, not realizing that I already have that food at home. I have decided to clean out my pantry and freezer before I go shopping. Last night, I made an interesting meal. I had a can of black-eyed peas, a box of whole-wheat couscous, frozen broccoli, fresh green beans, garlic, shallots, asparagus, and low sodium chicken broth. I put all of the ingredients together and here is what I came up with....


When I was younger I hated brussel sprouts, tomotoes, and asparagus.  Every year I try those food items to see if my tastes have changed with age.  I am fond of tomatoes and just recently became a fan of brussel sprouts.  I still HATE asparagus.  I tried it last night and it was no good.  I think that I may prepare the asparagus differently next time.  Anyway, my meal was a success and I found all the ingredients in the freezer and the pantry.  I am planning on trying 2 new recipes this weekend!!!!  YIPEY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment