Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's snowing!!!!

I love snow!!!! I have lived in South Bend, Indiana for 33 years. A chance of lake effect snow is hit or miss and that is what I am used to. I would think that everyone else who lived here would be used to it also. I am so tired of hearing people talk about how much they hate winter and the snow. I wonder why people feel this way?? Why do these people live here?? They could move a few hours south and not see as much snow. Why complain? I had to ask myself that question yesterday. I find myself being negative and I that is not my intention. Do situations in our lives make us negative thus causing us to complain? I tend to be more negative in the winter. The negativity is not caused by the cold, winter months but that it is not golf season. My second job is like a vacation and a way for me to unwind. I love working at Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame. LOVE IT!!!! Off-season caused my wallet to be thinner and I do not have a chance to collect my thoughts the way that I would normally like. I find myself complaining and being negative mostly at home. It is not right and I should be a better person and become more aware of my issues. I should not push my negativity on my family. I may not be one of the people that I was speaking about earlier, but I am being hypocritical. I am in the same routine as the other people complaining about snow every year. I need to figure out a way for me to take this negativity and wash it away.




I did not post yesterday due to technical difficulties. Today I am back and ready to share the two new meals that I made. Chipotle Beef is the name of a recipe that I found in Jillian's book. The meal turned out wonderfully. Yesterday, I brought the left over’s to work along with some split pea soup and drank water.




I bought some romaine and added broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, and mozzarella cheese to the beef that I had made. I used a fantastic roasted red pepper salad dressing made by Annie's. Fantastic.


The dinner that I prepared was also a new recipe, a healthy version of huevos rancheros. I bought all natural corn tortillas, organic black beans, Newman's Own black bean and corn salsa, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. To top off my tortillas, I poached two eggs. YUMMY!!! I love a good poached egg. Baked tortilla scoops and salsa accompanied my meal last night.




For breakfast this morning, I was boring. I had a slice of whole-wheat toast with all natural peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and a blueberry smoothie.




Funny thing.... I find myself relaxed and calm while I am writing this blog. Maybe I should focus on posting more.



No comments:

Post a Comment