Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad and Dessert

A co-worker and myself had decided to make lunch for each other. One day a week she would make lunch for me and one day I would make lunch. Hungry Girl gave me a chance to make a recipe for my first meal. I wanted to make something that did not need to be warm when served and I wanted to make something easy. I decided to make a salad. I am a huge fan of Asian flavor. I love ginger, sesame, soy, and wasabi. So, what could I make that would fit this craving. I decided upon "the scoopable Chinese chicken salad".




The salad was a hit. I used Paul Newman's Reduced Fat Ginger Sesame Salad dressing, broccoli slaw mix, scallions, mandarin oranges, and diced chicken. I bought a container of Boston lettuce and I made lettuce wraps. This recipe is delicious and healthy.

I wanted to make a quick and easy dessert.





These wonderful treats are the "cheesecake bites". Yummilcious!!! This recipe consists of cool whip free, sugar free pudding, strawberry preserves, and reduced fat vanilla wafers. Another hit for the ladies at the office.



2 recipes down...198 to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made either one of those! They look amazing. I wish we still worked together! It would be awesome to bring stuff in. Bummer :(

    ReplyDelete